Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Articles of Interest (August 15, 2017)

I wanted to share some articles of interest that I've stumbled upon in my recent professional reading.

Teaching in a Block Schedule
From Cult of Pedagogy: Making the Most of a 90-Minute Block has examples of different structures that teachers use to maximize instructional time.

Teacher/Parent Communication
Before school started, we identified some key questions that parents always have.  They were:

  • What will my child be learning?
  • How and when will I know what progress my child is making?
  • How can I help my child?

Here is an interesting article from @alicekeeler  titled Digital Assignments- Include a Parent Corner that describes a potential way to keep parents informed about what is happening in your class and how they can help.

Finding Resources
One of the quickest and easiest tools to use to assist you with the curation of professional reading materials is FlipBoard.

We have our very own FlipBoard magazine called WJHS Learns.  You can "follow" our magazine in the FlipBoard app or simply click this link to read it online.

If you're on Twitter, check out my account: @sparacino.

In addition to my main Twitter feed, I've also created some lists that you could explore, consider subscribing to, and/or follow other educators directly from the list.

I suggest starting with the Must Follow, Topnotch 4 EdTech, and of course the WJHS Staff list.

Another Amazing Year
This year has such a positive feel already.  I'm so excited to be your principal and look forward to our learning together.

Go Wildcats!

Tim Sparacino, Principal
Washington Jr. High School
Inspiring Excellence!


No comments:

Post a Comment